Monday, October 21, 2013

Sunday Roast

Yes I know, I am absolutely horrid at keeping up with a blog.

Oh wells.

Anywho, I have decided to write a blog because yesterday I made pot roast! It's not my first pot roast either, in fact, I have become quite good at potting the roast. (?) SO, I thought I would share my recipe for you all to try, if you so wish.

What you need:

3 to 4 lb beef roast
1 bag of baby carrots (12 oz I think)
1 bag of celery
4 large potatoes (or 5-6 medium ones)
1 red onion
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 14oz can of beef broth
1 cup of dry red wine (I usually use a Cabernet Sauvignon)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On the stove top, brown the roast on all sides (this traps in all the juices). Cut up your vegetable however you desire, and place all of them and the roast in a large oven pan. Pour the packet of onion soup mix over top everything, followed by the beef broth and the wine. Cover with tin foil and bake for 4 hours.

Ta da! Super easy and absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment